LOVELY POST THROUGH MY LETTERBOX


An eclectic pile of books and stuff fell through my letterbox yesterday. (Aside: I am convinced my postman hoards my post and delivers it in vast piles or not at all...) Anyway, I got two copies of a Russian lit journal in which poems of mine are translated by Андрей Сеньков (Andrei, to me). One is for Afric McGlinchey, who is also featured.


I also received two new beautifully designed Doire Press short story collections: Máire T. Robinson's Your Mixtape Unravels My Heart and Aileen Armstrong's End of Days. Both writers will feature on this blog shortly. I'll be interviewing Máire and giving away a copy of her wonderful collection and Aileen will be guest-blogging about her book. Please do stop by to support these two new women writers with their début books - exciting times for them and us.

Today the postman brought Valerie Trueblood's new short story collection Search Party - whoop! - and the new edition of The Moth. The Moth is soooo pretty, I could just gaze at it all day.